As a part of my extra-curricular activities, debating is one of my favorite pastimes. it presents an opportunity to develop:
- Oratory skills
- Empathetical skills through topical understanding and viewpoint deconstruction
- Writing skills in prepared material
- and Research skills in preparing a case.
In terms of achievement:
- In 2015 I was a part of the Junior induction and mentoring programme at PNBHS.
- In 2016 I was a part of the Junior A debating team.
In 2016 as part of the Junior A we enjoyed reasonable success, including:
- Placing 2nd in the national Super 8 competition
- and Beating Wellington College in a debating fixture.