As part of year 9 & 10, each student of PNBHS is required to complete and perform a speech to their class. The best from their respective classes are selected to perform in front of their form and a winner is crowned from that group.In Year 11,12 and 13 the competition is open to all students though it is not compulsory.
- In Year 9 I was selected to perform but didn’t place.
- In Year 10 I was selected to perform and placed 1st.
- In Year 11 I performed a speech against the competition of 14 other students and placed 1st.
My Speech topics were as follows:
- Year 9: The importance of programming in developing a articulate, mathematical and expressible perspective on the world.
- Year 10: The importance of understanding the way personal information is traded and used on the Internet to our modern youth.
- Year 11: Technology, and therefore technological advancement, is the basis of expressive creativity.